<VV> Benefits of CORSA

Tim Verthein minoxphotographer at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 9 19:31:25 EDT 2009

Bill-

This has to be one of the best lists of Corsa benefits I've ever seen.  Heck, I was even impressed and I already knew most of it!

Tim in Bovey

From: "Bill Hubbell" <whubbell at cox.net>
Subject: <VV> Benefits of CORSA
To: "Virtual Vairs" <virtualvairs at corvair.org>,    "CORSA/CPF BoD"
    <corsabod at corvair.org>

Here is my working list of CORSA benefits.? Forgive me if I have left things
out ? please add to list!

Things CORSA does and has done for the Corvair World (all made possible by
members ? much of which benefits non-members):

1. Publications (in no particular order)
   a. ?The Corvair Decade?
   b. Corvair Basics
   c. Corsa Tech Guide
   d. Corsa Communiqu? (nearly 40 years of information)
   e. Membership Roster (Travel Guide)
2. Support for Local and National Corvair Events
   a. Racing Fund
   b. Event and Chapter Insurance
   c. Standardized Rules for Events:
      i. Concours
      ii. Autocross
      iii. Rally
      iv. Economy Run
      v. Model Cars
   d. Free publicity for Chapter events
3. Support for member activities
   a. Free classified advertisements (print and on-line)
   b. Recognition of achievement in local and national Corvair competitions
   c. Training of judges for Concours
   d. On-line Activities: Virtual Vairs
4. Support for Special Interest Groups (national chapters)
   a. Stock Corvairs
   b. Year, make, model groups (1960, 1969, FCs, Ultravans,
   c. Racing groups
   d. Unique features, Upgrades (A/C, V8s)
5. Support for Corvair History and Preservation
   a. Corvair Preservation Foundation ? museum display, etc.
   b. 50th Anniversary Celebrations
   c. Relationships with General Motors (factory tours, car displays, etc.)
6. Support for Public Relations
   a. National Conventions
   b. Web site (admittedly could use some work)
7. Support for Parts and Repair
   a. Parts and Repair Committee
   b. Listing of approved vendors
   c. National forum for advertising