<VV> is there a secret to LM turn signal switch install?

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Sep 11 02:03:08 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/10/2009 10:20:38 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
grymm at echoes.net writes:

I don't doubt your word, and I'll certainly try that but...

I thought of this (after breaking the switch and JB welding it back
together)...   Still couldnt get the ring on...   maybe if I have someone
else pull on the shaft while I work at the ring with both hands....  or
maybe it will work better with a turn signal switch that isnt 40% JB weld.

The JB weld switch got me through the week anyway....  left worked great,
right was sketchy... and I had to disconnect the horn cause it beeped every
time I tried to steer!!

Say, Ray - Is this one of your grymm fairy tales?  (sorry)

Remember that the 65 and 66 columns, although they appear to the driver to
be quite similar, are vastly different in design. The 65 shaft is fixed to
the steering gear, and the outer column can move up and down on the shaft,
once the column clamp on the firewall and the attachment bolts under the dash
are loosened. In 1966, the shaft is retained at both the top and bottom of
the column, and is removed with the outer jacket The final adjustment and
retaining of the 66 shaft is better done at the bottom of the column, just
above the steering gear. This, of course, is a major pain to do in real life,
since the column must really be removed to do this.

Seth Emerson