<VV> shoulder harnesses

Sethracer at aol.com Sethracer at aol.com
Fri Sep 11 01:49:01 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/10/2009 8:06:41 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
dave.thompson at verizon.net writes:

A week or so I saw an early Mustang Convertible at a show where the owner
installed a center strap behind the low-back driver's seat. It came to a "Y"
with two shoulder harnesses. It looked like it would work well but could
easily cause spinal compression if the car was to make a sudden stop. I
didn't say anything to the owner due to his derogatory comments towards my
Corvair. He obviously knew MUCH more than I did (Yea right).

I just thought I'd mention this.

Dave Thompson

Hey Dave - Next time you see him, check to see if he is any shorter!

The Y-harnesses are not SCCA legal for road racing, but for safety it
REALLY matters where you attach that rear strap. On a Corvair, if you attach it
to the rear package shelf, you are likely okay.

- Seth