<VV> Spoke Too Soon on Brakes

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Fri Sep 11 18:32:08 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/11/2009 6:21:07 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
jrh at foxislands.net writes:

So I  either have a leak at a wheel cylinder or an internal leak in the
master  cylinder. The P.O, happened to be on the island this week,
enjoying their  vacation house, and as we discussed the car her husband
remembered that  the only brake work done in recent memory was a master
cylinder. Given the  color of the fluid, that must have been a while ago.
I know that in Land  Rovers a grayish tinge can be a sign of rubber seals
giving  way.

Any other recommendations or diagnostic tricks for  me?

Thanks in advance,

Look for wet spots under the car and inside each wheel and hope that the
line under the tunnel or behind the back seats hasn't split.

Bob