<VV> Fuel Mileage

Jason Cesana jacesana1 at cox.net
Fri Sep 11 20:53:17 EDT 2009

Hey Gang. I have tried almost everything to try and get my 60 more fuel
efficient. I seem to be getting only around 10-12 mpg when I know it should
be getting around 20 (give or take a few miles). I know not many out there
know how to properly set the choke on the 60 and I have the shop manual but
when I set it "to the book" she runs like *%it! If anyone out there has a
picture of their 60 choke in hot and cold positions I would greatly
appreciate it. Not sure what else it could be as when I close off the
needles to the carbs it starts to bog down as it seems to not get enough
gas. The carbs were rebuilt last year but I am unsure of how old they are. I
wonder if the jets are worn out or if they are aged to the point of useless
repair. Thanks.

Jason Cesana 1960 4 dr 700