<VV> EM Monza 102 PG stalling problem

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Sat Sep 12 11:11:36 EDT 2009

The only difference is basically all the adjustments made at idle need
to be made with the car in drive or reverse. Wheels blocked for safety.
See a 62 shop manual for specs. Of course since you don't own a 62 you
will not have the book!

 From the 62 shop manual:
Plug Gap:  .023 to .028
Plugs AC 46FF because of your short driving range. Someone may know
equivalents available to you now.
Points .019 new  .016 used
Dwell  31° to 35°, 33° preferred
Timing @idle  13° BTDC  [or as much as you can give it with the fuel she
is running before it pings when hot]
Idle speed (in drive)  500 RPM [this sounds low-may be higher if
stalling is a problem][[interesting to note if a manual it is 600 RPM!]]
Premium fuel recommended 102 HP.

Also note when a car is reluctant to start in wet weather, or runs
poorly in wet weather, also replace the spark plug wires. You can check
this by running the engine at night and misting water on the wires. Look
for arcs or ignition misses. I'll plug Seth's wires as replacements.

Frank DuVal