<VV> [fastvair] Air flow question

Frank F Parker fparker at umich.edu
Sat Sep 12 20:21:18 EDT 2009

> I'm trying to figure out if the air pressure over our LM air intakes behind the rear glass is +positive or -negative and how much.
> I've looked at the pictures on AeroNed's site but they are not diffinitive. I've even tried my own rudimentary string test.
> Has there been any measurement testing done out there? I'm trying to determine which way to flow the air through the
> horizontal radiator above the transaxle on my rear engine V8 project. It's obvious that with a closed engine compartment
> our air cooled Vairs can "pull" enough air for cooling but I'm trying to figure out if there is significant positive pressure aiding
> the cooling fan?
> Thanks for any help!
> Jim Briggs

I measured it many years ago at about neutral or zero. Warren did same and
saw somewhat positive ( air flow in) IF u used Yenko flaps.

Both my and Rick's experience with Crown's and engine cover off was
air flow UP into the compartment. Could minimize with spoiler underneath
car at rear but I think if you try and flow air down it will be against
natural air flow.

regards,

frank