<VV> [fastvair] Air flow question

Rick Norris ricknorris at suddenlink.net
Sat Sep 12 20:34:09 EDT 2009

  I still remember that damn lid flying open at speed.
  Got my attention!
  Never forgot to fasten it again either.
  Rick

    > I'm trying to figure out if the air pressure over our LM air intakes behind the rear glass is +positive or -negative and how much.
  > I've looked at the pictures on AeroNed's site but they are not diffinitive. I've even tried my own rudimentary string test.
  > Has there been any measurement testing done out there? I'm trying to determine which way to flow the air through the
  > horizontal radiator above the transaxle on my rear engine V8 project. It's obvious that with a closed engine compartment
  > our air cooled Vairs can "pull" enough air for cooling but I'm trying to figure out if there is significant positive pressure aiding
  > the cooling fan?
  > Thanks for any help!
  > Jim Briggs

  I measured it many years ago at about neutral or zero. Warren did same and
  saw somewhat positive ( air flow in) IF u used Yenko flaps.

  Both my and Rick's experience with Crown's and engine cover off was
  air flow UP into the compartment. Could minimize with spoiler underneath
  car at rear but I think if you try and flow air down it will be against
  natural air flow.

  regards,

  frank

  __._,_.___
  Messages in this topic (2) Reply (via web post) | Start a new topic
  This list is for racing/modifying our Corvairs,and to buy/sell parts.
  Post message: fastvair at yahoogroups.com

  MARKETPLACE
  Mom Power: Discover the community of moms doing more for their families, for the world and for each other

    a..  2New Members
  Visit Your Group
  Yahoo! News
  Fashion News