<VV> Air flow question

Robert K. Henry robertkhenry at bellsouth.net
Sun Sep 13 10:15:08 EDT 2009

I have observed that my convertible runs a smidge hotter (as measured by
factory CHT gauge) when the top is down at Interstate speed (70 MPH). I
assumed it was because air flowing over the top and down the plastic window
was directed into the intakes. It's such a tiny difference that I haven't
worried about it, just noticeable on the gauge. I can only guess what the
air is doing differently when the top is down--probably turbulent air over
the intake.

Robert Henry
65 Corsa turbo convertible