<VV> EM Monza PG Idle Problem

deltainc deltainc at grm.net
Sun Sep 13 09:56:25 EDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "Jeffrey B. Aronson" <jrh at foxislands.net>
Subject: <VV> EM Monza PG Idle Problem

> I had tuned it only two days earlier, so when it proved to be a very
> hard start with lots of excess white smoke out of the tailpipe, I was
> concerned. Indeed, it would barely idle at all. I opened up the hood,
> and using all my mechanical intuition, found the #4 spark plug wire
> dangling free. Replacing it let the car start stunningly well, and
> taking it for a test drive let me floor it in low range so as to clean
> out the car. It did not miss a beat.
>
> The spark plug wires are quite new
*******
Be aware that maybe they are not so new, but just spritzed up with Armor All
or some such.

Check that the plug boot  ( spark cover cover rubber thingie ) is soft
enough to stay snapped into the engine shroud ... or that cylinder may not
receive much cooling air.... it leaks out the shroud hole.  One test is to
stick the plug rubber into the shroud, and go for a fast rpm fun run ...
the rubber may stay in at low speeds, but blow out at high speeds ....
Best solution is a call to Uncle Seth's Plug Wire Emporium.  ( Sethracer of
this very news group ... ).

Short term crutch method would be to * SHOE GOO * the rubber onto the
shroud, first de-greasing the metal and the plug rubber.

Add ShoeGoo to the list of necessary items to get thru life:  Tie Wraps,
Duct Tape, WD40 ...... now Shoe Goo ...

reargards, ken campbell, deltawerkes