<VV> 1964 Corvair Monza Convertible

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Sun Sep 13 23:03:12 EDT 2009

At 01:03 PM 9/13/2009, Mcpherson, Dick wrote:
>Hey All...
>
>Need a little help...
>
>I'm stripping the old paint from my '64 convertible and having an
>problem getting the chrome trim loose from the rear edge above the rear
>deck where the boot snaps on.  I have removed the three screws that are
>spaced in some of the snaps and placed a block of wood under the bottom
>lip of the trim and tapped gently but it did not budge.  Any advice?

You just need to tap more...  but make sure you did get all the
screws out.   It's possible someone else previously had issues with
the trim staying put, and used something else to keep it there.

Be careful to not bind up the trim while removing it.   It can
crack.   Sometimes it will crack while doing nothing but just
residing in place on the car.

tony..