<VV> update: noise when clutching- diagnose this!

Tony Underwood tony.underwood at cox.net
Mon Sep 14 00:10:10 EDT 2009

At 12:56 AM 9/11/2009, Ray Rodriguez III wrote:
>Here is a link... if you have sound on (turn it up a bit) you should
>be able to hear the noise I was hearing when clutching...
>
>http://s45.photobucket.com/albums/f90/Swiftblade13/?action=view&current=100_1701.flv
>
>In case you missed the other message today I found a puddle of gear
>oil under the car...   not sure if the clutch got lubed and caused
>the noise, or if the trouble that was causing the noise caused the
>leak (coming from between the diff and bell housing as it usually does).
>
>Either way I'll be replacing the trans rear seal, clutch, throwout
>bearing, and clutch pilot bushing in the next week or so......

Pilot bushing.   It's wallowed out.

That also can explain the gear lube on the ground.   A chattering
input shaft will wallow out the seal in the diff snout.

I didn't spot any public posts about this...   thought there'd be
several by now.     Anyone comment privately?    Anyway your efforts
as defined above will fix your issues.

tony..