<VV> engine (only) removal for LMs?

Spencer Shepard sshepard5 at carolina.rr.com
Tue Sep 15 11:25:27 EDT 2009

I do the same but use a piece of 2X10 or 12 wood. I remove the oil
filter/fuel pump/alternator housing (be prepared for oil leak), the motor
support and distributor so I can slide it straight back as far as possible
so I can get my giant pliers to help push the input shaft back into the
tranny so I can lower the engine. I've done it many times alone, but it nice
to have a (competent) helper to work the jack while you are under the car.

Spence Shepard