<VV> Driver killed when '65 Corvair convertible crashes

Scott Morehead moreheadscott at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 18 17:36:14 EDT 2009

http://www.indystar.com/article/20090918/LOCAL02/90918027/1195/LOCAL

Driver killed when '65 convertible crashes

man likely on his way to a classic car show was killed when he crashed his 1965
Corvair convertible this morning, police said.

The victim, whose name has not been released by police yet, was driving
south on U.S. 52 when another driver called police to alert them that he was
driving erratically, said Boone County Sheriff Ken Campbell.

“We had deputies within a half-mile of him trying to intercept him when he
drove off into the median and flipped the convertible and was killed,” he said.

“We have every reason to believe it was a medical issue that overcame him.
We do not believe drinking was involved.”

Campbell said the man was believed to be on his way to a car show in the
area.

The car crashed just south of Ind. 47 in the 5000 block of US 52. The man
did not have any passengers and did not cross the median into oncoming traffic,
Campbell said.