<VV> Fwd: 110 PG with rough idle and wanting to stall at stops

henry kaczmarek kaczmarek at charter.net
Sun Sep 20 08:44:00 EDT 2009

Stephen
How about the  Carburetor Balance Tube?. The metal tube that runs across the
back of the firewall, has a fitting for another vacuum line going to the air
cleaner.

If those small pieces of rubber hose that connect the balance tube are bad,
you'll have all manner of troube. Been there Done that.

I hate to start another discussion on the merits of Pertronix ignition, But
it could also be the source of the problem.

I'll take a Dale (or other properly rebuilt) distributor with points and a
OE style Fuel pump anytime over electric pumps and Pertronix.    I know Lon
will say he's used both forever without a problem, others will too.

My dale rebuilt Dist, Std Ignition Points and Steve Goodman rebuilt carbs
have only about 10K miles on them in the last 4 years, and I have had zero
problems.

Hank