<VV> Fwd: 110 PG with rough idle and wanting to stall at stops

Stephen Upham contactsmu at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 20 09:47:56 EDT 2009

I'll triple check that although I have been all over that area due to
it possibly being a source of bad downshifting PG  (kicking when
downshifting coming to a stop) - that is now greatly reduced though
not completely eliminated.  Torquing the carb attaching nuts to 10-11
lbs seemed to be the partial solution.  I even went to the extreme of
putting hose clamps on the junctions of the rubber to metal on the
crossover tube.  I'm also pretty sure that I didn't tighten them to
the point of fatiguing the rubber, but I'll check them anyway and
remove the tube and put the Mityvac to it to check for leaks.
As far as the Pertronix, electric fuel pump and distributor, you are
right, they could be the cause of the problem, also. But the same can
be said of the original equipment items.  I prefer the advantages of
the system that I use, and therefore, will have to take the risk of
them malfunctioning - which may or may not be the cause of the
current situation.  What I really need is a step by step to begin to
isolate the cause of the current situation.  You have provided that.
I'll let you know what I find out.

Thanks, and hope all is well with you,

Stephen