<VV> Jeep Grand Cherokee question - no Corvair

lonzovair at aol.com lonzovair at aol.com
Sun Sep 20 18:25:03 EDT 2009

A question for the masses, since I don't do Jeep very well.

1996 Jeep Grand Cherokee Larado 4x4, 4.0 engine... and about 300K miles on the clock (but about 90K on the engine)... started fine, got a mile from here and just up and died. The starter will engage, but there is no spark (made me think "crank sensor", but wait). The dash gauges do not work. Volt gauge doesn't move, fuel gauge reads empty... and I?*KNOW* there's half a tank in it...?I can hear the fuel pump activate...

Any ideas what this may be???

I can't figure out why the dash (as well as the little read out that says AVG MPG and?DTE, but since the fuel gauge is saying "E" I guess that's all it knows...) is in-op. Any help would be appreciated.

Reply directly to me, since I'd rather not clutter the list with non-Corvair stuff.

I just finished fixing several brake lines and replacing two brake hoses on my 64 700... even with the rusty bolts and lines, I'd rather work on it than this Jeep!

Thanks!

Lonzo??