<VV> Jeep is fixed, now the question is "why?" - still no significant Corvair

lonzovair at aol.com lonzovair at aol.com
Mon Sep 21 17:44:36 EDT 2009

Hey guys,

Thanks for ALL the tips, hints, and suggestions... and to Tony for asking the MoPaR forum for me... the culprit was a 20 amp mini-fuse in the "Power Distribution Center" near the battery. The fuse controlled the "Auto Shutdown Relay, JTEC", but why did it blow? Any thoughts on this? Tony, any chance you could ask the MoPaR guys? (and be sure to thank them for me!)... what is JTEC? What is the purpose of "Auto Shutdown"?

1996 Grand Cherokee 4.0 automatic....

I'm just glad it was a fuse and not something expensive!

My 64 700 is just sitting there in the driveway, smiling... knowing it is ready at a moment's notice... and is much easier to fix than anything made in the last 3 decades...

Thanks again guys... the help is PRICELESS!

Lonzo