<VV> LM Gas Gauge Inaccuracy

Jay Pitchford jay.pitchford at gmail.com
Mon Sep 21 16:09:24 EDT 2009

The fun part is, I just bought the car and have no idea what has/has not
been done to it. Pete Kohler bought it from a guy at the Jacksonville
convention, and flipped it to me soon after. I don't know what the owner
did/didn't do. The gas tank is brand-spanking shiny new, but the retaining
ring on the outside of the tank has some oxidation on the ring - as does the
beginning of the fuel line that's attached. Soooo, I don't know if somebody
went cheap on the sending unit, or if it's still the original.
I'm going to add a dedicated ground wire for the instrument cluster first,
as I have dim dash lights and an inaccurate tach as well. Strangely, the
clock is keeping remarkably accurate time, so I may be wasting effort with a
ground strap.