<VV> [FC] Help with model year ID?

Vairbilly at aol.com Vairbilly at aol.com
Mon Sep 21 23:41:24 EDT 2009

that 2 in front of the 'r' indicates 1962
BILL RUDOLPH    SORRY CHUCKSTER

In a message dated 9/21/2009 11:29:26 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
carmerjr at mindspring.com writes:

1964

Chuck Armer

At 11:06 PM 9/21/2009, you  wrote:
>Hello - Just joined the list. I'm trying to figure out what year  one of my
>Greenbrier vans is. Here are some clues -
>
>1)  Fiberglass rear access door present.   1964 and  1965
>
>2) Nose vent lever present.          DITTO
>
>3) VIN 2R126110121.
>
>4) Automatic adjusters  present on rear brakes.
>
>5) ID plate under dash reads - " net hp  78 at 3600 rpm / 90 at 4000 rpm ;
>164 c.i.d. ONLY AVAILABLE IN 64 AND  65
>
>The DOT title for the van shows it as a 1962. Some of the  info I've listed
>would lead me to believe otherwise.
>
>Any  help?
>
>Thanks,
>
>Jeff in  Wisconsin
>
>1962 Greenbrier w/ Deluxe  interior.
>
>19XX Greenbrier (?)
>
>1964 Monza  Sedan
http://www.corvair.org/

CORSA Member
Corvanatics Member
Corvair  Atlanta Director
1965 Corsa Coupe
1964  Greenbrier
http://darthvair.com
SECC Member
1965 Corsa Autocross car  1/2 owner
http://www.wtbrt.com/

the property
of the  writer, please attribute properly. For help,
mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/
Post messages to:  VirtualVairs at corvair.org
Change your options: