<VV> Tires & Speedometers

deltainc deltainc at grm.net
Wed Sep 23 17:51:44 EDT 2009

----- Original Message -----
From: "FrankCB" <frankcb at aol.com>

Subject: Re: <VV> Tires & Speedometers

> Bill,
>     Why not just hook up your GPS unit, drive the car on a straight road
> at steady speed with little traffic and read the GPS speed?
*********
Isn[t there still a mile marker every mile on the Interstate, and indeed on
most Federal highways?  I usually go by the tach at 3000 rpm in high gear,
and time by stopwatch over 5 miles; this gives a simple check, and the
observed error is pretty correct as a per centage for other tach readings.
My cheap tachs usually work better than the speedometers in my late models.

reargards, ken campbell, iou