<VV> RediRad

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Thu Sep 24 00:58:04 EDT 2009

Kevin.... It does "sound" as if you have a "fuss" on your hands.  I suspect
the radio - though I've never had a RediRad installed.  I suggest that you
disconnect it and see if the radio starts working again.  I doubt that it
will.  That should tell you that it is the radio.  Now, did the RediRad lead
to the problem?

How gutsy are you?  Try it on another radio to see what happens.  Just about
everyone has a spare AM somewhere in their stash of parts, so that it should
not be hard to find one for little money.

Another thought on this...  Does the RediRad connect to the antenna lead
somewhere?  Check that connection.

Final thought....  I believe that the tab you connected to is unfused.  So,
(since you did not fuse that line) it IS possible that the RediRad is now
toast - or possibly capable of making toast (GRIN).  Did you smell anything
(like smoke of an electrical nature) when you heard the pop?  I'm sure that
you are aware that it can be fatal to electric components to let the smoke
out of the wiring.  Should I put a GRIN there too?

Later, JR

CCE CORSA CORVANANTICS SCG member
'61 Rampside Standard 4/110
'65 Monza Convertible 4/140