<VV> GPS recommendation

Eric S. Eberhard flash at vicsmba.com
Thu Sep 24 13:15:16 EDT 2009

I actually do recommend the Navigon 8100T although it is not one of
the cheaper units.  I purchased it for my in laws for three
reasons:  1) it's software is considered excellent and mostly it
is   2) The screen is 4.8 inches rather than the more normal 4.3
inches so old eyes see it better  3) the Garmins (which I like a lot)
received a lot of flack for not having enough volume -- the Navigon
can be set LOUD for old ears

The speedometer feature for the Corvair was a bonus and I also use it
in other cars.  It has excellent navigation including the ability to
get real time traffic updates (for free for the life of the unit) and
automatically re-route you.  This worked very well in a recent trip
to LA where I avoided several accidents.

If you never have had a GPS the technology can be overwhelming on
even a simple GPS but my mother in law (not a techie by any means at
over 80) was able to operate it just fine ... without a manual.

It does have a few silly software problems ... but they all do.

Good luck!

Eric

This email sent by:

Eric S. Eberhard
(928) 567-3727          Voice
(928) 567-6122          Fax
(928) 301-7537                           Cell

For Metropolis support and VICS MBA Support!!!!    http://www.vicsmba.com

Fun personal pictures:  Includes horses, dogs, Corvairs, and
more.  http://www.vicsmba.com/ourpics/index.html

Tesla Motors builds electric sports cars.  Founded by my brother
Martin.  http://www.teslamotors.com

This is where we go on vacation every year -- come join
us!  http://www.sprucedaleranch.com