<VV> Installing Radio Capacitor

corvairduval at cox.net corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Sep 24 16:27:33 EDT 2009

Yes, the capacitor that typically bolts to the outside of the ignition coil
for radio suppression attaches to the + terminal of the ignition coil. The
capacitor (condenser to most people here) is grounded because it is bolted
to the coil.

Have you considered buying resistor plugs? Just buy plugs for a VW Beetle
if no one lists Corvair applications... (Flame suit on)

Also check the gap. Wrong gap can produce more radio noise.

Frank DuVal