<VV> Oil Pump Question

Frank DuVal corvairduval at cox.net
Thu Sep 24 22:55:48 EDT 2009

My personal favorite for paper gaskets is the copper spray. Spray, let
dry, install.

http://permatex.carshopinc.com/product_info.php/products_id/42287/80697

I have just started using this Loctite stick.

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/LCT-39158

It seems to work well. No long term data yet. May be too thick for this
application.

You don't want a lot of anything on this gasket, as extra thickness is
bad (increases clearance of the cover) and any bits/pieces that  get
into the oil pump will be very bad (you pushed WHAT through your bearings?).

Years ago I would put a small amount of silicone RTV on my fingers and
rub an extremely thin layer onto a paper gasket. The spray is much nicer.

Frank DuVal