<VV> regulatored

FrankCB frankcb at aol.com
Sat Sep 26 15:30:58 EDT 2009

    You guys reminded me that many years ago I was having trouble with the stock regulator in my LM - one time the voltage was too high, the next time it was too low.  (I had to keep a voltmeter plugged into the cigarette lighter.) So I ordered and received a "non-stock" unit from the "East Coast" vendor.  Before I installed it, I removed the cover to see just how the relays were arranged and found, to my surprise, that it was ALL solid state.  No relays, no points to wear, nothing to adjust!  That solved the "wandering voltage" problem from then on.
     Frank Burkhard