<VV> Excessively Frugal

Jay Pitchford jay.pitchford at gmail.com
Sat Sep 26 21:59:53 EDT 2009

Dave,
The reality is, the cost of replacing the entire two-circuit-board phone is
less expensive than the hourly rate of those "old timer" telephone
repairmen, once you factor in the fringes, pension expenses, etc etc. That's
one reason why the wire line regulated telco monopoly is a dead man
walking.

Given that harsh reality, it also explains why Corvairs have such enduring
appeal - they hark back to a time when you could work on your car yourself,
and then enjoy the fruit of your backyard labor by driving around and
showing it off afterwards.

Jay
65 Corsa Vert
25-yr-old slimline phone owner