<VV> Wireing needs continued

John Kepler jekepler at amplex.net
Sun Sep 27 09:45:10 EDT 2009

I don't think Viton had been invented when the Corvair was first introduced
(I may be wrong, though.)

Viton has been around since the early 1940's

Further, GM never had $200,000 worth of problems with their terminal block.
So the money saved was a good move on their part.

And this apologia is why engineers just LOVE bean-counters so much!  A guy
that couldn't figure out how to design a rubber-band is suddenly a
mechanical genius passing judgment on something that he has absolutely NO
idea what it's supposed to do!  Talk to any design engineer.....we ALL have
"You should see what that collection of knot-headed morons did to my
________!" stories!  Bean-counters are a necessary evil that is generally
more evil than necessary...and they should NEVER be in charge (use Roger
Smith and GM as your "bad example" of what happens when you do!).