<VV> Viton at GM

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Mon Sep 28 16:22:09 EDT 2009

One flaw in that. The 5-year/50,000-mile warranty didn't exist before '67, so you had less than 49,000 cars with that longer warranty. The '66-earlier cars only had 3-year/36,000-mile warranties (or maybe less), if you go back to '60. I can't vouch for the warranties back that far, as I was just a kid and didn't get interested in cars until '63. My bet is that most standard seals probably lasted for the length of the 3-year warranty. Just enough time to clear it off GM's books, hence standard seal material was a respectable risk.

-Mark