<VV> Viton at GM

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Mon Sep 28 16:44:41 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/28/2009 3:58:47 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jvhroberts at aol.com writes:

We ALL  know how failure prone these O rings can be, and at 50K miles,
let's face it,  most of us saw leaky O rings!

John  Roberts

John,

Given the hostility GM showed toward the Corvair after '65 I always felt
the "o" rings became a chance for the dealership to steer the owner toward a
new  Nova or some other Chevy.  It was as if the Corvair was the son who was
an  embarrassment to the rest of the family.  Almost every time I took my
Corvairs in for service the service order writer would start off  by
commiserating with me for having to drive it--until I corrected  them.  I'll never
forget the sense of relief when I found a mechanic who  could do the work
that I hadn't learned how to do yet so I could keep driving  the Corvairs.
I'll bet the "o" rings sold a lot of other Chevy's way  before a Corvair was
worn out.

Bob Hall