<VV> Ralph Nader

HallGrenn at aol.com HallGrenn at aol.com
Wed Sep 30 17:06:50 EDT 2009

In a message dated 9/30/2009 4:48:36 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
ricebugg at mtco.com writes:

Nader is  a man, deeply driven my his dad's example of public
service.  His  heart is with/for the ordinary American citizen.  To me, that
says his  heart is in the right place.

James,

I can say I agree with you on all points.  But I also have to say that
when a true sense of public service, and social justice is combined with a
lawyer's need to be an advocate (at the expense of objectivity) and a
personality that tends toward zealotry then you have someone who is not to be
completely trusted.  Ralph's umbrella group rented space in a small office
building in Washington DC that I used to manage 30 years ago.  He was the  same
decent, gracious guy in person that we saw at the Washington  convention.  I
think his organization(s) have done a lot of good, on the  whole, but I am
damn glad he was never elected to high public office.

Bob Hall