<VV> Ralph Nader

Robert Marlow Vairtec at optonline.net
Wed Sep 30 17:45:19 EDT 2009

Jim, I too reached the conclusion some time ago that Ralph Nader was
truly motivated by his convictions and not by self-interest.  Such
motivation is, of course, an admirable thing.

But his sense of public service was not to research the truth of a
subject, but to seize upon one side of an argument and defend that side,
excluding any evidence that might counter his position.  That was his
training as a lawyer.

Unsafe at any Speed was not a sober review of auto safety.  It could
have been, but it was not.  It was a selective, prosecutorial argument.

That one-sidedness taints, in my view, any purity of his motives.

--Bob