<VV> Claypool's parts car - HUMOR

Chris & Bill Strickland lechevrier at earthlink.net
Fri Apr 2 01:13:17 EDT 2010

Bill Hubbell wrote:

>"back to the original discussion" ?? ... [or] rather the "restored" discussion.

Hijacked! Beware! Mark's thread has been hijacked!  I  suppose that is
what happens when you try to bring a Corvette discussion onto a Corvair
list.  If anyone sees a hijacked thread running loose, please report it
to Mark!

Also, apparently somewhere -- surely not here -- internet discussions
have parameters?

Okay, since this must be about the tele column that lclc "saved" out of
that pile on the trailer, just what am I supposed to do with all the
tele goodies I "saved" off a car once upon a time, but the guy insisted
on leaving the primary column in the car so he could move it around (it
still ran) with a pair of Vise-Grips.  I never got the main column, but
I'm still looking (with no money and no car to put it into), and if I
ever find one, then I guess I'll have to find that bag of parts where
ever it is -- I know where the wheel is -- then I 'spose I might have to
find a LM that needs a column?

Mark wants to claim that restoring the car is not an option, and in my
case that is true -- my tele parts are "out there, somewhere"  and the
car?  It went to the crusher over thirty years ago, with the rest of the
parts.  It was a $75 car that had a $250 motor in it in about 1976, and
nobody cared, except me, that it had this tele column -- they wanted the
motor -- it didn't need restoring (remember, 1976), it was a driveable
survivor, until the engine was pulled for some other porpoise.  Why do I
hear that chattering noise?

But really, if we could have kept them all, stating with that 32 Ford
Vickie Dad had when he was courting Mom, and the cute little curtains
that she had sewn for it, what would we do with them?  Some folks have
maintained modest collections behind closed barn doors for many years,
but what if everybody did it?  Where would all the cows live?  Where
would all the Asian industrial giants have gotten their steel?

Mark can claim all he wants, and I shall counter claim that taking
restoration off the table by simple edict is not a practical solution,
whether for discussion purposes or otherwise.

Bill Strickland