<VV> original plates on a collector car

Wrsssatty at aol.com Wrsssatty at aol.com
Sun Apr 4 11:29:40 EDT 2010

<One of my Corvairs came with its original plates and I have been  very
thankful that the previous two owners did not keep them. ***"By original
to a car" I mean the very first set of plates the car ever had.>

This presents an interesting question.  I've long dreamt of locating  my
big sister's '63 Monza.  She bought it new at a year-end close-out sale  in
late August.  I still have its original plates but they were for '64 as  West
Virginia, in those days, was issuing '64 plates by late August '63 when she
titled it (she bought it in Ohio to save on sales tax).  I wonder, if I
found and acquired the car, if I were for some reason to go back to West
Virginia to register it, if I could persuade the West Virginia DMV  that the '64
plates should be allowed for this '63 model car since they were  afterall
the first plates that the W.Va. DMV issued for the car when it was  brand new?

~Bil Stanley