<VV> 67 PG Hemet - History

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProPer.com
Mon Apr 5 23:31:37 EDT 2010

My Monza was originally bought by a cop (used) in Temecula, CA, who was
going to fix it up.
He was going to send her to the crusher because his wife had other plans for
his spare time.
I know that hardly ever happens, right ?

She pinged and knocked a lot (the car, not his wife ?) on the way home where
she would be safe from the crusher and decorate my driveway instead of
sitting under that tree !
She did drive fairly well and the pinging and knocking cleared up after a
tank or two of Hi-test and a few trips to LA and back.
She needed tires, brakes, fluids, the usual things to treat her right and be
safe, so I "put her away" until I had time.

I didn't have much time for a project, it's a pretty car (especially after
adding 14" Keystone Klassics to replace the balonies that were on there.)

So there she sat with me feeling good about having rescued her (see other
thread about collecting strays) and just admiring her when I parked my Ford
in front of her, thinking of the day I would do her justice.

That was about 1997 ...
Sorry to admit that, but being automatic and not a convertible, I wasn't as
excited as I should have been, and settled for looking at her, wishing she
were a convertible, or at least a 4-speed !

She's been on a "non-op" registration that prevents (theoretically, and I
don't want to test that theory) is not permitted to even touch the pavement
without hefty fines, etc, so ...

But the LM is a beautiful car and even more fun to drive, and deserves
better, especially after listening to you guys doing all your work and
hearing your stories !
I have more time now (and of course, less money) so it's about d**n time I
join into the fun and fray of it !

It took a while just to get her running again, and I don't want to lose my
momentum (for what that's worth), although she's still on "non-op" so I
can't drive her until I get all the "big parts" fixed, and know that I won't
do her any harm.

I used to do all this myself, but got sidetracked with OBD-II problems (with
Fords) and yearn for the simplicity of Corvair "electronics" !

Once I get her on the road I won't want to take her off, so I want it to be
right first ...

So, thanks for listening to my self-pep-talk ...
Charlie

PS:

She has about 80 K original miles and great floors, trunk, etc, but minor WS
and edge rust, but solid.