<VV> Upcoming Corvair Video on Television

rmturpin at comcast.net rmturpin at comcast.net
Thu Apr 8 02:55:41 EDT 2010

John,

Since I am the original poster, let me clarify this for you. Yes, the time and date are correct for the EASTERN time zone 5:00 to 5:15 AM EDT, Saturday, April 10th. for Comcast cable. If you go to Turner Classic Movies' website, they show the same time, but show April 9th. Since Matt's Direct TV guide and my Comcast guide show Saturday, I would go with Saturday and not Friday. Whether anyone wants to view this is up to them. I just thought it was rather amazing that any commercial television network would show anything positive about the Corvair.

If you don't want to stay up to view it, you can always record it. It may or may not look any better than the clip on YouTube (i.e., I'm sure TCM will probably not enhance the original film). However I think viewing it on ANY television screen would be better than watching it on the 3 X 5 inch YouTube screen. By the way, I have this and many other Corvair clips from YouTube bookmarked. I am not attacking YouTube. I have found out about many useful items from it.

By the way, the TCM website has 655 references to the Corvair in their database. I was amazed by that number. I haven't done any further digging into what they refered to.

Regards,

Bob Turpin

Message: 5