<VV> Convention Scheduling

Vairtec Corporation Vairtec at optonline.net
Fri Apr 9 10:39:22 EDT 2010

Ken Pepke wrote:

having a standard established schedule would minimize complaints.

Harry Jensen wrote:

We reach a point where the time to conduct all the different events
is greater than the time in each day

Bob now replies:

Unlike Ken, I think a standardized schedule will make the conventions
even more same-ol same-ol than they are already.  I think that each
convention should strive to be distinctive, distinctive in terms of
many things, including scheduling.

Harry's comment illustrates the point.  Through the years, we have
added events, such that the convention schedules have grown and grown
and grown to the point that they no longer comfortably fit into the
available days and hours.

The solution, I think, is to go back to the CORSA by-laws, which
mandate only a small number of things for the convention.  The
concours is a requirement, as is the general membership meeting, as
is an unspecified competitive moving event, as are a few
generally-described thing such as vendors and tech sessions.  Nothing
says that we have to try to do EVERYTHING at EVERY convention.  Mix
it up.  Don't try to do it all, all over again, every year.