<VV> Iowa Sched

corvairs at pacifier.com corvairs at pacifier.com
Fri Apr 9 15:22:28 EDT 2010

Marky Mark and the funky bunch said

> Do I ever think there will be a convention without any conflicts? No. But
> every year, I cross my fingers, grit my teeth, and hope for the best.

Yeah Mark - Exactly the way an indoor vendor can feel! WE did it for 26
National conventions, numerous regionals etc etc. When we would spend
sometimes thousands of dollars on the trip where the outcome would have a
MAJOR impact on us financially - then we arrive at the convention and find
that everything is wrong - for us.

We had to remind ourselves that the convention was not for us vendors. We
were only a small part. The convention has to be the best for the greatest
number of attendees.

I agree with your assessment of SOME concours folks - BUT if we had a
venue that was all wrong for us we could have a bad major short-term
financial impact. While that's more important than someone being
inconvenienced with his "baby" concours car, the point is the same. The
convention cannot and should not cater to any minority interests at the
sacrifice of everyone else.

Lon