<VV> Defining a cars value

J R Read_HML hmlinc at sbcglobal.net
Fri Apr 9 23:05:22 EDT 2010

OK - that is a good approach but just a bit too tedious for me.  After all,
the price is what the buyer and seller agree upon.  If there is no
agreement, there is no sale.

So, I go to OCPG and try to evaluate by their 6 category guide.  In this
case, I come up with - not as good as a 4 and not as bad as a 5, but close.

Look up the car (or nearest) in question and price it 1/4 to 1/3 above a 5 -
between 5 and 4.  If you cannot agree in that range, don't buy it

But... a BIG one....  before you start talking to the seller about OCPG
(have it in your back pocket)....  Just ask the simple question, "What did
you have in mind?"  Once you've done your research and are confident about
your max offer - you just might find out that you are buying a bargain
because his/her number might be well below yours.

The other thing that can happen....  ask (after the price is agreed) - "Are
there other parts laying about that should go with it?"

Oh - just this Spyder (Corsa) dash and extra wheels with a funny hammer.

NOW.. ya' got a bargain!

Later, JR