<VV> Defining a cars value - how to listen for deals ...

Charles Lee Chaz at ProperProPer.com
Sat Apr 10 00:14:25 EDT 2010

My brother bought an oil pointing once, and when he wasn't sure if the price
was fair, asked the owner if there any other things that she had ?

"No, not really," at which my brother was piqued.

"Oh ?  What else do you have ?"
"Well, there's a little notebook with little paintings in it but it's just
pieces of the big painting, so I didn't think it was important."

He bought the painting, and now ALWAYS listens for that "Not really
anything, but ..."

Back when, I called an about an ad for a 64 Corvair that was in "OK"
condition, but needed to be towed so I didn't think it was worth the effort,
until his wife said "the wheels keep coming loose and it's too much
trouble."

I rented a trailer and towed the 64 Spyder and all 5 wire wheels home that
night.
The turbo cam back to life after about 5000 miles, since they probably never
shifted over 1500 RPM, so it was in hibernation ...

I sold the car to someone who liked EMs (I'm more LM), but kept the wheels
even though they didn't fit my LMs.

I did learn to like EMs though - classic lines and what a great car !!!!!

Thanks for listening !

Charlie