<VV> Love Those Racing Jackets!

Tim Verthein minoxphotographer at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 11 19:47:09 EDT 2010

I just want to say, I LOVE the jackets. I'll be sending in my order.

And yes, I agree 1000%. Bringing a Corvair to a performance event that is attended by young people and rice burners is a GREAT way to show the next generation what a Corvair can do.

it's also quite popular at local cruise nights at the local Dairy Queen.  most have never seen a Corvair and are quite amazed.

Tim in Bovey

"This leads into my topic for VV. Over the past year or more, much  has been
discussed and written about CORSA's finances and membership  recruitment.
Our chapter, Derby City Corvair Club, has also spent considerable  time
hashing these topics over. Many of us believe that recruitment of new  members
has it best chance when the performance characteristics of the Corvair  are
presented to the younger generation. The experience at the local autocross
helps to drive home that point. If more of us signed up to participate in
events sponsored by non-Corvair groups we could all draw more attention to
Corvairs. If we had a club jacket to wear to events, then others would  know
who the Corvair owners are. I had such a jacket on this weekend and  people
took notice. Now you can own one. Our chapter has designed and started
producing a 'Racing Team Jacket' for all Corvair enthusiasts. Two styles are
available and have been priced so that all the proceeds from jacket sales will
be donated to CORSA. These are high quality nylon jackets with distinctive
lettering embroidered on the back side. The CORSA logo is embroidered on the
left front side. A portion of the proceeds will also be designated for the
Racing Fund. If you want to support CORSA, the Racing Fund and draw more
attention to the Corvair, consider purchasing one of these exclusive jackets
for  you and your family. For pictures and the order form, visit our web
site at  _www.derbycitycorvair.com_ (http://www.derbycitycorvair.com) . Click
on  'newsletter' and check out the Racing Team jackets under Corvair News.
We  look forward to your support."