<VV> Love Those Racing Jackets!

Dennis Pleau dpleau at wavecable.com
Sun Apr 11 20:49:09 EDT 2010

Valley CORSA (now Silicon Valley CORSA) has/had the best Corvair club
jackets I've seen.  I just found mine and Debbie's.  Blue with a red stripe
on one side of the zipper and white on the other.  They came with a Valley
CORSA emblem on the right and a CORSA oval on the left.  Your name and
Valley CORSA were embroidered on the left side.  I just tried on mine and it
it's a little small.  I got in about 1986.  I need to make it a goal to fit
back into it.  It has a lot of great patches from event we attended.

Corvairs of New Mexico had white windbreakers.  More boring than the Valley
CORSA jackets.  I'm not sure if they came with our names on them or Debbie
embroidered our names.  Also lots of great patches on those jackets.

I don't think Pike Peak Corvair Club, Rocky Mountain CORSA or my current
club Classic Corvairs of River City have club jackets.  If they do they
don't emphasize them.  That probably explains all the patches I have in
drawers all over.

dp