<VV> Convention

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 12 09:17:59 EDT 2010

JR,

I wasn't intentionally targeting you, but rather others in general. Sorry
if you took it the wrong way. But I DO feel that it would be nice if group
meetings, tours, and tech sessions didn't have to be layered over other
each other or other activities. Heck, I often find interesting tours that
conflict with major events. Most of the time the convention planners don't
stop to think that such tours shouldn't be intended ONLY for the bored
spouses. At only one convention that I recall were certain interesting
tours scheduled on multiple days - a possible solution to such conflicts.

Sure, I wish there were no conflicts, and that I could attend everything I
want to attend. But since everyone's tastes are different, I doubt that the
"perfect" schedule will ever exist. Even for me, there are "down" days and
there are "too busy" days. My solution is to prioritize, and use those
"down" days to socialize and cruise the parts vendors. You just NEVER know
what will pop out of nowhere at a multi-day swap meet.

In my way of thinking, those who DO feel that the convention is too long
probably 1)don't like to socialize with friends they see only once a year,
if that, 2)don't like to make new friends, 3)don't know how to use and
manage their time very well, and/or 4) don't like shopping or enjoy
exploring on their own their surrounding area. Good grief, there's ALWAYS
more things to see and do in any given area than the convention can
schedule in, if you just look around and plan ahead.

"Life is a banquet, and most poor SOB's are starving to death." -Auntie Mame

-Mark

If