<VV> Planning WAS Convention Scheduling

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 12 09:27:58 EDT 2010

Ken,

And DACC did a magnificent job, too! Problem with human nature is that you
seldom hear what's good, but you (and ESPECIALLY others) will ALWAYS hear
about what didn't come off well.

You and your team ALWAYS sets the bar for the hospitality room. Sad to say,
some of the conventions since (and one in particular, though I won't say
which) have seemed to have tried to see how low they could set the bar.
That one in particular was pretty pathetic.

On the positive side, not only is the DACC hospitality room ALWAYS top
notch, the convention certainly catered to the bored spouses and the kids.
I heard nothing but rave reviews about those efforts. And judging from all
that's on this year's schedule, it looks like they have taken that page
from your book.

-Mark

mistakes are new each year.  It just happens that they are pretty much the
same as the ones from the previous year.

> CORSA does supply a list of general requirements but they do not really
offer `DOs' and `DON`Ts.'  Most of the scheduling is a 'start from scratch'
[or reinvent the wheel] process.  Some of the Buffalo 2006 committee
offered to and did meet with the Detroit Area Corvair Club before the 2007
convention and were a really great help.  After the 2007 convention I
collected information from the other 4 members of the CORE GROUP which
managed our whole show. I assembled and published a paper which highlighted
the problems and pitfalls of our 2007 efforts and we sent it to the heads
of the convention for next three years and also to CORSA.  As it was an
unofficial publication I do not know if it was a help or not but, so far as
I know, it was the only one of its kind.

mailto:vv-help at corvair.org
http://www.corvair.org/