<VV> Planning WAS Convention Scheduling

kenpepke at juno.com kenpepke at juno.com
Tue Apr 13 06:25:56 EDT 2010

On behalf of the DACC I thank you, Mark, for your kind remarks.  You and I have been friends for a lot of years and you have attended as many Homecomings as anyone that comes to mind.  You have seen the effort the DACC puts out to insure all of our Corvair friends, and anyone else that happens to drop by, have an enjoyable time.  It is a labor of love.  Still, sometimes things go wrong ... Like the Friday eve BBQ a couple of years ago when I failed to buy enough burgers and brats.  I kept running back to the supplier and people stood in line ... waiting ... and visiting.

But, we do get an occasional complaint ... and that is good!  It gives us food for thought and incentive to improve.

For those that have not yet attended a Homecoming I suggest you set aside August 26, 27, and 28, 2010.  We will be at it again.  Log on now to our NEW website DetroitCorvairs.com to register 'on line' and get information about reserving a room at our host hotel; Comfort Inn Clocktower, easy to find, right next to I-275 in Plymouth, MI.
Ken P

*************************************
airvair at earthlink.net wrote:

Ken,

And DACC did a magnificent job, too! Problem with human nature is that you
seldom hear what's good, but you (and ESPECIALLY others) will ALWAYS hear
about what didn't come off well.

You and your team ALWAYS sets the bar for the hospitality room. Sad to say,
some of the conventions since (and one in particular, though I won't say
which) have seemed to have tried to see how low they could set the bar.
That one in particular was pretty pathetic.

On the positive side, not only is the DACC hospitality room ALWAYS top
notch, the convention certainly catered to the bored spouses and the kids.
I heard nothing but rave reviews about those efforts. And judging from all
that's on this year's schedule, it looks like they have taken that page
from your book.

-Mark