<VV> Membership survey, convention scheduling

Robert Marlow BadgeCoNJ at comcast.net
Tue Apr 13 10:58:42 EDT 2010

To points made by Jamie and Mark:

Jamie wrote:

> First off I am the one who pushed for the changes in this years
convention so if all or parts of it fail it will fall on my shoulders. <

Bob replies:

And I for one and going to applaud Jamie's effort to try something
DIFFERENT!  Now, I can't say that I agree with how everything is
scheduled in Cedar Rapids, but Jamie and others with an interest in
trying new things and a willingness to do the work necessary have taken
it upon themselves to stage a convention for us.

Mark wrote:

> You could always conduct your own poll by putting the question right
on the convention registration form. Bet you'd probably get a
near-unanimous response rate. And those responding would be the ones who
REALLY count <

Bob replies:

Such a poll will only report the opinions of the several hundred members
who attended a convention, not the several thousand who do not attend.
I would like to know WHY people do not attend.  Obviously, a big
component will be simply the fact that a days-long car club convention
is not every person's cup of tea, just as in local chapters we do not
get all members to attend all local events.  And, just as obviously,
simple geography plays a prominent role.  But still, are there members
on the fence, who might be more inclined to attend if this or that were
tweaked?

--Bob