<VV> 1968 Corvair Monza wheel size question

Bill H. gojoe283 at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 14 01:22:10 EDT 2010

                                           B"H

>From what I know, backspace is the most important factor.  Once you've got a set of steel wheels with the correct backspace, you have a much better selection of tires in the 14" range.

In addition, the highly-desired Chevy wire wheel covers, as well as the "mag" style wheel covers, were made in the 14" (and even 15") sizes.  Even better, these larger size hubcaps are typically much cheaper than the 13" units, probably because they 13 inch covers are actually much more rare.

Typically, larger wheels will reduce the end gear ratios, giving better fuel economy and a quieter highway ride due to reduced RPMs.

The only drawback I see is that you have to buy the wheels and tires, and covers, and all that runs into hundreds of $$$.

Just make sure your backspace is within the correct range for the Corvair suspension.

Good luck...Bill Hershkowitz 69 Monza Coupe 110 PG