<VV> 1968 Corvair Monza wheel size question

airvair at earthlink.net airvair at earthlink.net
Wed Apr 14 10:26:15 EDT 2010

A note I'll add about the factory 14" mag caps. There are TWO styles, what
I call the raised ring and the flat ring styles. Those designations are in
reference to arguably the quickest way of identifying them, by the center
ornament ring. The raised ring cap mimics the original Corvair 13" mag cap
better than the flat ring style. The flat ring style seems to be more
common, and is notably different than the raised ring. Just place the two
side by side, and it'll become very apparent.

-Mark

"mag" style wheel covers, were made in the 14" (and even 15") sizes.  Even
better, these larger size hubcaps are typically much cheaper than the 13"
units, probably because they 13 inch covers are actually much more rare.