<VV> downloads

BobHelt at aol.com BobHelt at aol.com
Wed Apr 14 11:27:41 EDT 2010

In a message dated 4/14/2010 4:54:23 A.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
corsa at corvair.org writes:

On  4/13/2010 2:09 PM, lewisrishel wrote:
> It seems to me that if one or  several members want to print out  all or a
> portion of the Comm.,  with pics of nice looking cars,  to pass out to
> potential  members, why not ??

Well, let's see. I can think of two reasons right  off the top of my head.

1. It is illegal. The Communique is  copyrighted.

--H

Sorry, Harry, but this reasoning just doesn't pass muster. That whole
argument is wrong.

For one reason making a downloaded copy and passing it on to a prospective
member would certainly be allowed by the FAIR USE Portion of the copyright
laws,  so this would likely NOT be illegal.

But also, even if this were prohibited by law, are you telling us that
CORSA would want to incur the bad publicity of trying to prosecute a member for
 trying to increase CORSA membership??  That just doesn't make any sense.

Regards,
Bob Helt