<VV> downloads

Harry Jensen, Executive Secretary corsa at corvair.org
Wed Apr 14 12:05:45 EDT 2010

Hi Bob--

On 4/14/2010 10:27 AM, BobHelt at aol.com wrote:
> Sorry, Harry, but this reasoning just doesn't pass muster. That whole
> argument is wrong.
> For one reason making a downloaded copy and passing it on to a
> prospective member would certainly be allowed by the FAIR USE Portion of
> the copyright laws, so this would likely NOT be illegal.

I do not think that copying the Communique and DISTRIBUTING it is
covered by Fair Use. I think that if a member wanted to scan a copy and
make notes on it for his own use, that is covered by Fair Use.

CORSA is the copyright holder. CORSA can distribute copies of the
Communique electronically. I even offered to produce an electronic copy
of the Communique for promotional use. I also offered to mail sample
copies to whoever asked.

You are entitled to your option. I am entitled to mine. Debating on this
subject will not resolve the issue and will likely not  produce a
positive outcome for either side if the issue. For that reason, I am
happy to discuss it with you privately, but will not on VV.

Take care...

--H

--